Biryani is a mixed rice dish which is made with spices, rice and chicken. Biryani is the most favourite dish of Pakistani people as well as other people like English although it is bit spicy but still English people like it. The recipe is given below:
For marinating the chicken:
1tbsp garlic paste
1tbsp ginger paste
2tbsp Biryani masala
2tbsp lemon juice
Mix all of the above ingredients for 1-2 hours
For Fried Onions
6-7 medium sized chopped onions
1tbsp red chilli
1tsp ground garam masla
2 cinnamon sticks
1tsp shahi jeera (caraway seeds)
3-4 green chillies
3-4 chopped tomatoes
7-8 tbsp oil for deep frying (for cooking)
1tbsp of ginger and garlic paste
Salt to taste
2/4 tsp of yellow food colour
While chicken is marinating heat the oil and fry the onions until they become golden brown. Then add ginger & garlic paste and stir it. Then add the chopped tomatoes cook it for 2-3 minutes then add the marinated chicken in it and all the spices and cook till the chicken is cooked and the gravy is not watery.
Boiling Rice: Boiling rice is one of the most important parts of cooking a biryani. The rice needs to be parboiled which means it should be three fourth cooked.
– Take a pan with a lid (non-stick is best)
– Grease the bottom of the pan with oil
– Then put the layer of rice
– Then the layer of chicken and sprinkle a pinch of yellow food colour
– Repeat this method one more time and finish off with the rice layer.
– Place this pan on a very low flame for 15-20 mints and cover the pan with a lid.
– Once 15-20 mints over then open the lid of the pan and stir this mixture.
Hot Biryani is ready to eat. Serve it with Salad and enjoy it.